Avery's birthday countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Mageors Family

The Mageors Family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My son and his feet


So, as I picked Avery up from the sitter's house yesterday, he began to mention something about being in "time-out" in the crib. I looked at the sitter and asked if he had to go to time-out today. She said, "Yes, he was trying to take a toy from Hamilton (aka "Tulton" according to Avery). I told him he would have to wait his turn. He got mad and went around the room and proceeded to kick EVERYONE in the room!" My first instinct as a mother: my child is awful...why would he do such a thing? My instinct as a casual observer: that must have been pretty funny to see!

Ahhh, why do our kids do these sorts of things? I am happy to inform you that children do, in fact, come with instructions. After each well visit, the pediatrician sends us home with a packet detailing what your child should be doing at that age, along with tips on how to take care of your little one; such as, never leave a baby alone in a car, never leave a baby unattended near a pool, never allow your baby to play with the stove...

After visiting the pediatrician's office for Avery's 2 year check up, I received a packet with information about what to expect from a typical 2-year old. On that sheet of paper, it clearly stated that "your child" at the age of 2 will: bite, hit, kick other kids; use the word "no" regularly; and doesn't know how to share! There it is people...I actually have it in writing.

The joy of the "terrible twos"...let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe...that is the age I had to begin using "yuk yuk" for Cami! I read about it for biting, vinegar diluted with water. Just a little squirt in her mouth cured her sassiness! I know, I'm mean. But seriously, it still works today..."if your mouth isn't sweet, you don't get anything sweet IN your mouth." Your opinion of me just changed, didn't it? Love you!

    ReplyDelete