Avery's birthday countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Mageors Family

The Mageors Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Avery's First Trip to the Movies

On Saturday, on a whim, I suggested that Cory and I take Avery to go see Where The Wild Things Are at the dollar theater. I figured I didn't mind blowing 3 whole dollars if we had to get up and leave...I didn't have high expectations of how Avery would act! So at 4:30, we got ready to leave the house for a 4:50 showing. We got there in plenty of time; Avery and I went to get our seats while Cory got some snacks.

Avery sat in my lap, fairly content...looking a little concerned about how dark it was in the theater. Cory returned with a hot dog for Avery. He began munching on his hot dog, sitting quietly in my lap...this might actually work! You would think that by now I would know better than to assume something like that. He did alright throughout the movie...mostly, he would sit still for a few minutes, and then he would begin shouting things out..."Hi Mommy!" "That's Daddy? Hi Daddy!" "He's running!" "He's climbing" and then the best one..."I'm pooping!" which he wasn't, but for some reason he thinks it's fun to announce.

There was an entire family sitting behind us with a newborn baby who cried off and on throughout the movie. I decided I didn't care because we had the chatter box sitting with us. I figured, these people only paid $1 to see this, so they couldn't possibly have expected any less!

Needless to say, I think we will wait another year to try the movies again...also, I don't know that Where The Wild Things Are was the best movie for Avery anyway...it didn't really hold his interest. He knows who Max is, but I don't think he cared too much.

At least we tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment