Avery's birthday countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Mageors Family

The Mageors Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Avery's First Day Back

Today marked the ever important test of sending Avery off to daycare after his potty training adventure. I must say I was a little skeptical about how well he would do using someone else's potty, and about the fact that his sitter only has a potty ring while he has only been using the little potty at our house.

Let me first say that Cory brought Avery up to see me at work yesterday, and our little guy actually used the big, public potty at my office! I was very impressed. Cory tried to get him to use the potty ring yesterday while they were at home, but he really wasn't too interested. However, this morning I put him on the big potty and he did just fine. We also have decided to go ahead and use pull-ups at night, as of last night. Sunday night he wet the bed twice, and I could tell that it was really damaging to his self esteem. Avery very much wants to please us and make us proud and to see how upset he was with himself just broke my heart. He doesn't deserve to feel that way, and truthfully it is asking alot of a little 26.5-month-old to be able to hold his tiny little bladder at night. So, on to the pull-ups.

Back to the sitter story. I dropped Avery off this morning around normal time and went in with him to give his sitter, Jeanette, a run-down on what we have been doing the past 5 days. As of this morning, Avery hadn't had a pee-pee accident since late Saturday afternoon. We were all pretty impressed. I explained to her what he does when he needs to go and things that he might say. I sent a billion pairs of underwear just in case and two extra pairs of shorts. By 10am, Jeanette had sent me a text message saying, "No accidents. He just told me he had to go pee pee, so I took him to the bathroom, but I didn't realize he didn't know how to point 'it' down, so pee went everywhere, lol". So, there went the first pair of shorts. I didn't hear anything back from her until I sent her a text around 3pm to see how things were going. Evidently, he woke up dry from his nap, but for some reason wouldn't go potty when he woke up. He kept saying, about 8 times I'm told, that he need to potty, but he would just cry and want to get down. He then had two back-to-back accidents; therefore, the other two pairs of shorts were rendered unusable.

Overall, Jeanette thinks we are headed in the right direction. She thinks we are doing the right thing with him and that he definitely has the communication down. I think he just needs to get back into his routine at her house, and he will be just fine.

First day back, not a total win, but not really a disaster either.

No comments:

Post a Comment