Avery's birthday countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Mageors Family

The Mageors Family

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 1 - Wrap-up

Well, there really isn't too much left to report for the day. Avery finally went to sleep for his nap. When he woke up, I rushed in to get him and he had wet the bed. I put him on the potty, but he was already finished. I figured it would be like starting over, and it was for a little bit. He had one accident, and then finished on the potty.

He stayed dry for over an hour and then finally at dinner he said, "I pooping" so I scooped him up and took him to the potty. He peed!!! He wasn't actually pooping, but that was his way of letting me know that he need to go potty! For that, he got two little sail boats for the bath tub!

He stayed dry for the rest of the evening, but didn't really need to go potty. This is where the night got exhausting...he kept saying he was "peeing" so I would rush him to the potty...and nothing. I know he was trying to tell me he needed to go, but we just weren't quite in sync.

I gave him a bath and got him ready for bed. He started to pee, so I rushed back to the bathroom where he finished. I was supposed to get him to pee twice before bed, but we were only able to get him to go once. I will wake him up in about an hour and see if he can go then. I don't really expect him to be night-time trained after all of this, but we'll see. No poop today, which worries me a little. I'm not sure how that part will work. I guess we will cross that bridge tomorrow.

He's in bed now. He was pretty exhausted (as am I). Overall, the day went well. He ended up with 8 stickers on his chart for Day 1. He had 2 mini meltdowns, but not really over going potty; more about wanting more M&M's and other prizes! The hardest part for me was the stress on my back from picking him up and running with him to the bathroom! I didn't take that into account when preparing for the program. My reward for the day? Thin Mints...yum!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment